Friday, August 7, 2009

Psalm 34

Sorry for the delay, but without further ado, Psalm 34.

I have been reading through Psalm lately and this entire chapter really stood out to me. I think the reason it jumped off the page is because its first verse is something that I really struggle with, "I will praise the Lord at all times, I will constantly sing his praises." This verse sounds sooo easy that its almost laughable that I'm bringing this up. Think about it...How many times do you ALWAYS praise the Lord, no matter what? Yeah, not laughing now are you...didnt think so, lol. I always seem to tell myself that I will praise God in the good times and the bad times. Dont get me wrong, I really do try my best to do this. The problem happens when the good times dont seem to be happening. Kinda hard to praise and stay optimistic when you feel like nothing is going good. If you feel like this, its probably normal...because it's a human reaction. But because it's a human reaction and everyone probably has felt it before, that doesn't mean that you can chalk it up as simply being human. That's an excuse! That's what I was doing...making an excuse. That's not good enough. That's worldly and we need to be above that.

Keep reading. Hope is coming.

The next goes on to talk about some situations in which the Lord has our back. Why does He always seem to catch us? (rhetorical question) We have to look to Him for help and security. Verse 5a says, "Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy..." Verses 4-10 talk alot about fearing the Lord. What exactly is fearing the Lord? Before you google it, click on this because I already did it for you http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/fear-lord. Talk about service with a smile :).

Verse 10 is a sucker punch to the face for me. It is for all those times that my faith fell short and I failed to stick to my Christian ways and show others who I really am. In other words, I thought I was a strong Lion, but God humbled me and showed me that I was really a weak lion. Kinda sucks to be proven wrong by your Creator. Ps. He likes to humble people...dont be stupid!

"Even strong lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing."

Pps. While Im on this lion subject and you really want to see me dressed as a lion, click on this -> http://www.springhillbaptist.org/Woodbrook-Block-Party.220.0.html. Embarassing!

By the way, if you have been reading my posts about Cowboys4Christ, verses 11-15 support that whole concept. Really awesome how everything ties together huh!!

I guess I've rambled enough. This is all stuff that I'm learning and I'm pleased that I can share with other people in case they have been thinking about the same things or whatever. Remember...this whole bloggy thing is all for God; I would rather not get credit for any of it. I like to make it readable and sorta funny but the purpose is solely for my relationship with God. My goal is to openly talk about whats going on inside my head and sort out all the confusion.

Ok...done. More to come later. I will get better at posting. My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment