Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cowboys 4 Christ

For the past 2 months, I have seen a couple of my friends, Brian and Andrew, make a committment to themselves to hold a high standard of their actions. They gave this committment a name, Black Panther. I was never a fan of the name which kinda made me not so fond of the idea but I made the committment anyway (because I knew this would help me grow spiritually). Andrew agreed to make the committment with me but we would call it Cowboys for Christ because I wasn't fond of the Black Panther name (we are both Cowboys fans and we know that Jason Witten, Tony Romo, and Sam Hurd are leaders on the football field, lol). Months later, I found myself not adhering to my committment. I also found that my Spiritual life was struggling. What I was doing was making the committment but not making it a daily conscious effort. I wasn't so sure I could make every single thought, idea, comment, action, etc. acceptable to God. I have always wanted to show others I was a Christian by my actions and leadership, but I realized that I couldn't cut corners. If it is worth doing, it is worth doing completely and wholeheartedly! I AM making Cowboys for Christ real in my life...starting NOW! Cowboys for Christ will make me a complete man of God which is what I strive to do. I am excited to see how much I will grow now that I have all my ducks in a row, so to speak, LOL.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!!! Get 'Em!!!

    have you heard of the song "Go Hard" by Lecrae?!?!? it is A-mazing and SO inspiring!

    :)
    Samara

    ReplyDelete