Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Spiritual Gem

I wanted to post the passage that "Cowboys 4 Christ" is derived from...2 Corinthians 6:3-13. These verses are just really amazing! Verses 3-5 highlight the basis of our ministry...to live in such a way that we do not hinder other people's spiritual development and we patiently endure struggles and hardships of every kind. Verses 6-9 document the struggles that Paul endured. Verse 10 is one of my favorites in this passages and I love how it reads: "Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything." This verse really induces humility and really helps me to put things into perspective. I still struggle to be a Cowboy4Christ and don't think that I have everything figured out, but I am making it a conscious effort. As long as I strive to be the best I can be for Christ, I feel like I can be a leader and a gem in a world that may not always be so bright. Challenge me to be the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment